At the Meeting of Firsby Group Parish Council held at 7.00 pm on Wednesday 18 January 2023 in Irby & Bratoft Village Hall.

Present: Mr R. Kidd, who took the Chair;

Mr R. Heane; Mrs S. Wilford; Miss H. Smithson Whitehead; Mr R. Harman; Mrs L. Mitchell; Mr P. Gilbert and PCSO Jayne Richardson.

Apologies were received from Mr C. Moore; Mr G. Holmes and LCC Cllr Mrs W. Bowkett.

1.  Minutes of the last Meeting

It was agreed that these be signed as a correct record of the proceedings.

2.  Matters arising from the minutes of the last meeting

Miss Smithson Whitehead wanted to clarify the situation regarding item 8, Poor Law Lands.  Volunteers are required to assist in obtaining information from the Lincolnshire Archives.  This is not a task which Miss Smithson Whitehead wants to take on without help.  The Chairman expressed an interest in assisting with this task.

Miss Smithson Whitehead asked for clarification from Cllr Dennis of how Villages obtain monies from the financial scheme he outlined at the last meeting.  It was agreed to write to Cllr Dennis for more information.

Mr Heane stated that there should be a contingency fund to help pay the electricity costs of running the Internal Drainage Board’s pumps.

Mr Heane also stated that several meetings have taken place over the years regarding the issue of how caravan sites are run, in particular about people having no residential address and living on the sites 12 months of the year without paying Council Tax.  This issue still remains and nothing has been progressed.

3.   Police Matters

PCSO Jayne Richardson stated that her speed gun has gone off for calibration, once it has been returned the Officer will be looking at using it from the concreted area by the farm on Wainfleet Road.  Vehicles can be scanned safely from this area but offenders will not be pulled over.

PCSO Jayne Richardson also stated that a Police Surgery was held at Irby & Bratoft Village Hall on a Saturday lunchtime which was well attended.  If anyone had suggestions of other times and locations where a surgery could be held would they please let her know.

Mrs Wilford asked whether shoots have to be registered with the Police before they take place.  The Officer stated that some shoots are reported to avoid the Police being called to a possible firearms incident.

4.   County Councillor’s Report

Cllr Bowkett sent her apologies and submitted the following report:

Covid and flu vaccines are still available and residents are encouraged to take these up.

Covid and flu has hit residents hard over the last month, the cases are starting to decrease now.

Emas are holding more strikes across the county,  hospitals are trying to discharge as many people as possible the two days before the nominated strike dates to help with keeping a and e moving.

Residents are urged to call 111 in the first instance if you need medical attention they can help with seeing a doctor, medication etc. If it is life threatening then you must still dial 999.

 LCC will have to raise council taxes this year, increasing pressures facing households and the authorities over rising costs will mean the use of reserves to be able to balance the books.

The county councils cost of living support page is there to give residents help to find support, whether it's financial, childcare, HAF programme and the household support fund   Plus much more

Local elections in May, residents will have to bring photo ID to polling stations before being able to cast their vote.

I have asked Leila LCC highways officer to look at the road at Monksthorpe.

5.   Correspondence

a)  Letter received from LIVES thanking the Parish Council for the donation of £100.

b)  Email received from LCC asking for the Parish Council’s views on the Budget and Council Tax Proposal for 2023/4  After a discussion it was agreed to answer Option A: 2% adult social care precept + 0.99% general precept = 2.99% precept.

c)  Email received from Richard Inman regarding a Rural Cost of Living Survey.  It was agreed to forward the email with links to the Parish Councillors to complete.

d)  Email received from Graeme Hyde, Senior Planning Officer regarding Lakeside Farm stating that the application is still awaiting a proper and full assessment.

e)  Letter received from Nigel Roylance requesting a grant for the Churchyard maintenance for Bratoft Church.  It was agreed to pay £250.

f)  Mrs Wilford stated that Network Rail is going to put cameras up on the crossing to determine whether the footpath should be re-opened or not.

g)  Mr Gilbert stated that the locks on the hand gates that cross the railway line in Firsby have been removed and could be a danger to children.  It was agreed to contact Network Rail and state that the locks should be reinstated for safety reasons.

h)  Mrs Mitchell stated that she had a request to purchase a new Village sign, similar to the one in Bratoft.  Mrs Mitchell to contact Trevor Rogers from Bratoft and ask about prices etc., information was also given to Mrs Mitchell about a resident who makes village signs/noticeboards.

6.   Plans

Application No S/051/02477/22 by S Turnbull & J Roberts for Planning Permission – Extensions to existing dwelling to provide additional living accommodation at Berrington House, Wainfleet Road, Firsby.  It was agreed to support this application.

Application No S/051/02482/22 by Mr & Mrs P Carson for Planning Permission – Erection of a triple garage.  Existing double garage to be demolished and storage tent removed at The Paddock, Wainfleet Road, Firsby.  It was agreed to support this application.

Approval of Section 73 Application on conditions in relation to condition no. 2 (approved plans) as imposed on planning permission reference no. S/104/01789/20 which was for erection of a detached house with a 3 bay detached garage with an annexe above and construction of vehicular access at Ivy Cottage, Main Road, Little Steeping.

7.   Highways

It was agreed to report the following matters to be dealt with:

Aerodrome Road, Great Steeping from the bottom of Sandy Lane to Gunby end still needs repairing.

B1195 From Lindsey House Dog Kennels to just past Great steeping School there are several potholes that need repairing.

Sandy Lane, Great Steeping has several potholes that need repairing

The pothole on Mill Lane, on the junction of the Rising Sun has reopened and needs repairing.

A further request will be made for a safety rail to be placed on the bridge over the Cowcroft drain on Burgh Lane.

The Mileage signs on Sandy Lane need replacing preferably with 30mph as cars speed along this stretch of the Lane.

Mrs Mitchell stated that she had had a request for speed deterrent gates to be placed either end of Great Steeping.  After a discussion Mrs Mitchell agreed to pursue the matter with planning and highways.

8.   Accounts

It was agreed to pass the following accounts for payment: 

Irby & Bratoft Village Hall for use of room £12

Bolingbroke Deanery for printing of Feb/March Newsletter £100

Bratoft PCC for Churchyard Maintenance £250.